TILT's Indie Movie Cameo Contest
Y’all ready for this? The TILT team is happy to announce…a new contest! Within our indie thriller TILT, we’ve included a few scenes where characters watch movies. What does this mean for you if you’re an indie film maker? It means we want to showcase YOUR movie in OUR movie.
What does an indie film maker look like? Jessica & Phil
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- What will be considered for the contest? Completed feature-length indie films with completed trailers only
- Who can submit a trailer to the contest? The person who owns the rights to the film. In some cases this will be the film maker; in others, the producer. If you’re not sure, email us, and we’ll help you figure it out.
- Can a film maker submit trailers for more than one film? Yes, as long as the movies and trailers are finished.
- Can a film maker submit more than one trailer for the same film? Nope. Send us the one you like the most.
- What genres will be considered? Any genre. Every genre. As long as the film is indie, feature length, and finished.
- How can I submit? Submit by emailing us a link to a trailer you have on either YouTube or Vimeo.
- What’s the window for submissions? Submissions will be accepted via email starting RIGHT NOW (on Monday, August 9th, 2010). The window will close promptly at 12pm CST on Monday, August 16th, 2010.
Ready to get started? Then shoot us an email at tiltthemovie[at]gmail.com with a link to your trailer.
What does an indie film maker look like? Jeremy
- VOTING: After we have all of the submissions, we’ll embed them on this website. Depending on the number of submissions, we may have more than one round of voting. This will be determined on Monday, August 16th, 2010, after the submission window closes. Once voting starts, friends and fans will be asked to vote for the indie trailer they like the best. So, it would behoove you to give your friends and family members a heads-up about what you’re doing…every vote counts!
- FINALISTS: The top 4 submissions, as determined by fan vote, will be evaluated by the TILT team. Two winners will be announced on the TILT blog before the end of August.
- PRIZE: We will invite the winning film makers to include scenes from their films in the finished version of TILT. No monetary compensation is included in this prize. However, we promise to promote the inclusion of your film in our film to the best of our ability and give appropriate credit in the credits.
- WINNERS: If you are selected as a winner of this contest, we’ll ask you to send us a copy of your full movie in order to use it in TILT. The TILT team reserves the right to pick scenes from the winning films that best fit the needs of TILT.
What does an indie film maker look like? Julie
What if you LOVE indie films but haven’t made a feature? Great question! You can help make it happen for your favorite indie feature by spreading the word and convincing them to join.
HAVE A QUESTION? Email us: TILTtheMovie[at]gmail.com
NO QUESTIONS? Then get off yer butt, and send a link to your trailer on Vimeo or YouTube: TILTtheMovie[at]gmail.com
What does kick ass indie film collaboration look like? Jess, Jeremy & Phil (w/ Paul Bunyan standing in for Julie)
Leave a Reply